Cuckmachine - Hunter

Please post your application here.
Cuckmachine

Cuckmachine - Hunter

Post by Cuckmachine » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:50 pm

Your Character:

1. Character name: Cuckmachine

2. Race and class: NE Hunter

3. Main Spec: 2/31/18 (pre-9% hit raiding spec with Surefooted for +hit)

4. Number of days played on your current main: 7 days

5. Please write a short statement indicating how you play your class include relevant rotations and priorities, and explaining talent choices. This is not to teach us to play your class but to show us you know how to play:

I begin with an autoshot, immediately followed by an aimed shot. Between autofires (as I can see on my autofire timer), I'll cast multishot if CC allows, or reposition myself to be able to multishot without breaking CC. If mana becomes a problem for whatever reason, I downrank my multishot to be equal to just an extra autoshot, but I never downrank aimed shot.

When Imp Aspect of the Hawk procs, I cast an aimed shot immediately after the next autoshot fires off, and cast an autoshot again when the proc has under 1 second left, to take full advantage of the additional haste since aimed shot's cast time is determined by the cast time at initiation.

On boss fights (IF the boss doesn't need to be burned fast at a certain stage), I'll cast rapid fire immediately after the first arrow is let loose, followed by an aimed shot. This is to give me a chance at a second rapid fire. I time my aimed shot CD to maximize rapid fire by beginning the last aimed shot cast with under 1 second left on rapid fire. This way I benefit from the added haste for longer, since cast time at initiation is what determines the cast time of aimed shot.

I keep my pet on my primary target except in special circumstances that call for other pet use, and will micro my pet in and out on fights such as Baron where the pet will die if he stays in the entire time.

I dismiss my pet in situations such as imps and the cliff shortcut to avoid accidental pulls.

Whether or not I prioritize aimed shot at the expense of a slightly more efficient autoshot rotation depends on my weapon speed. For that I consult this list: http://imgur.com/I1Mk8Xw

Personal Information: [Optional]

6. Age: 27

7. Location: Chicago & rural Illinois

8. Tell us a little about yourself: I split my time between Chicago and a place out in rural Illinois (internet is fine there, don't worry). I have an insane amount of free time. I have a passion for politics and political betting, though I don't solicit political debates or conversations from people. I enjoy history and I've been getting into cryptocurrency speculation lately. I'm a dog person. There isn't really anything that offends me, so caution and self-censorship isn't needed around me.

Guild History: When I dinged I joined Immortal Lords to get a start on my character.

9. Previous Guild(s): Immortal Lords

10. Reason for leaving your previous Guild: Brutally hellish MC partial PUGs with rolls for gear, very long unnecessary waits between pulls and before boss pulls, sub-par performance from much of the raid. I don't see the guild progressing very far into BWL or AQ. Also there are far too many hunters for me to have a chance to build the sort of character I want.

You and <SECURITY>

11. Do you know anyone in SECURITY?: No

12. Why do you want to join the SECURITY Core Raid Team?: What I've seen from the site seems to indicate to me that there is a huge potential upside with this guild. A dedicated website, as opposed to some cookie cutter guild hosting site, is encouraging. The fact that SECURITY takes the time and effort to pair with another guild and defeat world bosses says that the leadership and members are willing to put in extra time and effort to put the guild in the best position possible to move forward.

Additionally, I like DKP bid systems. "Each bid will extend the auction 10 seconds" seems to indicate to me that the values of bids will be openly known too, which I like. I was in a guild once on a different server with blind bids that resulted in a lot of uncertainty and unnecessary DKP dumps.

13. Have you read, and do you agree agree with Core Applicant Rules: Yes.

14. How did you hear about the guild?: I saw an advertisement in world chat that said you were looking for warlocks and hunters (although your website only lists warlocks as open for recruitment.) I have seen your members running around before though, so I was familiar with the guild before seeing the ad.

Raiding and Experience:

15. We raid on SUNDAY and TUESDAY from 7:00-11:00 US Central Time; Can you make these times?: Yes

16. What is the current level of raid experience you have on your main character?: MC/Ony (other toon raid xp in "additional information."

17. Do you have any issues with your internet or computer related problems?: No

18. We use Discord to communicate during raids. Ability to connect to this is mandatory. Do you have a headset with a microphone and are you able to communicate verbally in English on Discord?: Yes for all.

Additional Information: I've played WoW since early 2005. I played through vanilla until august of 2006 (I was in high school at the time and the school year didn't allow me to continue my raid schedule), most of BC, and played 2 seasons of both WOTLK and WoD. I have multi-class 2.2k xp in arena.

In retail vanilla, I raided on a pally and a rogue. On my pally (my first character) I cleared MC, Ony, BWL, ZG, world dragons + kazzak.

On my rogue I cleared MC, Ony, BWL, ZG, world dragons + kazzak, AQ20, AQ40 up to but not including TwinEmps, and in Naxx I killed Rezuv, Anub, Patchwerk (back during hunter kite days though) and Grobbulus.

I played on Scriptcraft and Nost and cleared up to AQ.

I don't think I've missed anything. If you have any questions feel free to whisper me or send me a mail in game.

Thanks!

Twentysix
Site Admin

Re: Cuckmachine - Hunter

Post by Twentysix » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:55 am

Contact Trapp or Lenn in game to talk a little bit.